Randal

An Incredible Finish To A Great Trilogy

— feeling shocked
The Map of Chaos: A Novel (The Map of Time Trilogy) - Félix J. Palma

The Map of Chaos

This is the third, and final volume of Palma's masterpiece. The first two were The Map of Time and The Map of the Sky. What a ride he takes a reader on! I will try not to spoil the surprises for anyone. H.G. Wells, Arthur Conan Doyle, Lewis Carroll, the Invisible Man, werewolves, time travel, parallel universes, and so much more! I was fascinated by the first two books, but, to be completely honest, found this latest effort to be a bit too much of a good thing. There was just too much going on, leaving me, at times, feeling confused and overwhelmed. At times I had to stop reading, as it was exhausting trying to keep up. I wish he could have shortened some of the scenes, especially in the middle of the book. The author does manage to pull everything together at the end, so I have to commend him for that. I am left wondering what kind of universe the author inhabits, that he could come up with such a intricate tale. I wholeheartedly look forward to reading Palma's next effort. (I received an advance copy of this book from NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review).

Completed On: June 29,2015