Randal

Randal

Orchard House - An Outstanding Read!

Orchard House: How a Neglected Garden Taught One Family to Grow - Tara Weaver
An outstanding book! The author, raised by her somewhat emotionally distant mother, is searching for a more satisfying and meaningful familial relationship. The two come together through the purchase and tending of a large Seattle garden. Kudos to Ms. Weaver for her ability to lay bare her soul and describe her emotions so well! And to be so brave to put it all out there for everyone to see! So many times in the book I found myself relating to her journey, thinking, "Exactly! Why couldn't I have figured that out on my own?" She truly has a gift for introspection and the descriptive language to express it. Lest you think the book is only a journey into her soul, there is also an abundance of gardening information. Having moved to Seattle myself recently, I plan to put it to good use. Anyone who follows my reviews knows that I rarely rate a book as a "must read". No such problem here. I highly, highly recommend this book to everyone. You will learn so much about yourself. Things that, deep down, you probably sensed, but could never quite put into words. Guaranteed!

Source: http://www.wormtroika.com