Randal

Randal

Edge Of Your Seat Reading!

Cataclysm - Tim Washburn
Wow! It's been quite a while since I have found a book that I just couldn't put down. This was the case with Cataclysm. Washburn has created an incredible adventure ride in this one. Basically, to not give too much away, the book deals with the events leading up to and of a major eruption of the Yellowstone caldera. The author will have you on the edge of your seat as you are put in the shoes of varying people, from people in the immediate area, rangers on the ground at the Park, geologists/scientists at Yellowstone and other locations, and in the White House. And with the survivors in camps after the fact. The characters are interesting (although the physical descriptions of each one does tend to bog down the story). The science seems plausible enough to a layman like me. The flow is non-stop. Maybe it's because I am living in the Pacific Northwest, and love to visit the Yellowstone area for fly fishing, but this book managed to scare the c**p out of me! I think that my next visit will be one with me looking over my shoulder for signs of an eruption. Highly recommend this book to anyone who can dedicate a day to reading it, because you won't be able to put it down!